...vodka and vanilla beans make for great homemade vanilla.
HOMEMADE VANILLA EXTRACT
It is so much cheaper to make your own vanilla extract than it is to buy it.
1 – 375 milliliter bottle of 90-proof vodka
4 vanilla beans
Tools: cutting board, knife
1. Split each vanilla bean in half, crosswise and lengthwise.
2. Place all beans inside the bottle of vodka.
3. Write the “open date” on the bottle, 6 months from the day you begin soaking the beans.
4. Place the bottles in a dark cabinet for 6 months.
5. The vanilla extract will be ready to use in 6 months. The longer you age the extract, the better.