GRANDMA'S NO-MESS COOKIES
This is a delicious no-fuss cookie recipe I got from a client, Sharon R. It's so easy and has a coconut-like flavor -- even though there isn't any coconut.
1/2 stick margarine, melted
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. "quick 1 minute" oatmeal
1 can condensed milk, Eagle brand preferred
Tools: 9 x 13 glass baking dish, pan spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Spray the baking dish with pan spray, especially along the sides.
2. Pour the melted margarine into the dish. Tilt the dish to cover evenly.
3. Layer the remaining ingredients into the dish, in the order listed above.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. You must cut the bars WITHIN 5 MINUTES or they will be difficult to cut.
6. Bars may cool in the pan. Or, remove the bars and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Store in a plastic bag or cookie jar. They stay fresh for a week.
8. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for longer storage.
SATISFYING YOUR GUAM RECIPE CRAVINGS SINCE 2006.
Effective March 2021, PaulaQ will begin replacing Canola and vegetable/seed oils in recipes with pure lard from Reverence Farm, and organic coconut oil. In addition, beef, pork, and poultry products will be sourced from Reverence Farm in Graham, NC.
LOOKING for something on Paulaq.com? Enter your keyword in the search box below:
PURCHASE YOUR BOOKS TODAY
Here's Home | A Taste of Guam | Remember Guam | More Recipes | Romance Novels | Macaron Book | Visit Guam | Food History | Food Photos | The Big Green Egg | Contact Paula
© Copyright Paula Quinene. Check out Guam cookbooks and Chamorro cookbooks, A Taste of Guam and Remember Guam, for more Guamanian recipes and Chamorro recipes that are tested, tried and true. Get Macarons Math, Science, and Art, for foolproof macaron recipes and techniques. Enjoy a Guam romance novel in Conquered. Most photos courtesy Paula and Edward Quinene.