CARAMEL FLAN LATTE
It's just better at home, and especially easy with a super-automatic espresso machine such as the Jura Capresso! Use a caramel sauce that has evaporated milk in it.
¼ cup or 4 tablespoons of homemade caramel flan sauce
2 – 1 oz. shots of espresso
6 oz. whole milk
Caramel flan sauce for drizzling
Tools: latte cup, steaming pitcher, steaming thermometer, wet cloth, stirring spoon
1. It’s best to keep your steaming pitcher upside down in the freezer until needed so it’s always cold.
2. Pour 6 ounces of whole milk into the pitcher then put the pitcher back in the freezer while you prep your shots and sauce.
3. Heat your caramel flan sauce then measure 4 tablespoons of sauce into the latte cup you will drink from.
4. Drip shots into the same latte cup. If the cup doesn’t fit under your espresso machine, drip the shots into a smaller cup then pour the espresso into your latte cup.
5. Prepare your steam wand according to the directions of your machine.
6. Remove the pitcher from the freezer, attach the thermometer then steam to between 135 and 140 degrees. Keep the steam holes just below the surface of the milk. The milk will continue to rise in temperature so don’t let it get above 140 deg F when you are steaming it.
7. Stop steaming at desired temp, wipe down steam wand, and steam into an empty cup for a few seconds to clean. Wipe the steam wand again.
8. Pour the milk into the cup of espresso and caramel flan sauce. Stir well. Top with whipped cream then drizzle ribbons of caramel over cream.
9. It’s hot…enjoy!
Return to More Recipes
SATISFYING YOUR GUAM RECIPE CRAVINGS SINCE 2006.
Effective March 2021, PaulaQ will begin replacing Canola and vegetable/seed oils in recipes with pure lard from Reverence Farm, and organic coconut oil. In addition, beef, pork, and poultry products will be sourced from Reverence Farm in Graham, NC.
LOOKING for something on Paulaq.com? Enter your keyword in the search box below:
PURCHASE YOUR BOOKS TODAY
Here's Home | A Taste of Guam | Remember Guam | More Recipes | Romance Novels | Macaron Book | Visit Guam | Food History | Food Photos | The Big Green Egg | Contact Paula
© Copyright Paula Quinene. Check out Guam cookbooks and Chamorro cookbooks, A Taste of Guam and Remember Guam, for more Guamanian recipes and Chamorro recipes that are tested, tried and true. Get Macarons Math, Science, and Art, for foolproof macaron recipes and techniques. Enjoy a Guam romance novel in Conquered. Most photos courtesy Paula and Edward Quinene.