2 cup regular Bisquick
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup whole milk
½ cup water
2 whole eggs
Tools: large steamer, large bowl, electric beater, napkins, 6-count mini muffin tin, tart shells or puto molds
- Prepare your steamer, bringing the water to a rolling boil.
- Use a napkin to smear white shortening on your 6-count mini muffin tin, tart shells or puto molds.
- Place all of your ingredients in the bowl.
- Beat on medium speed with an electric beater until well combined.
- Fill each mold three-quarters full.
- Place the basket half of the steamer on your counter.
- Put the molds or tins in the basket.
- Cover the top of the steamer with a kitchen towel.
- Place the cover of the steamer on top of the towel; this prevents water from dripping onto the puto.
- Steam for 8 to 10 minutes till done. The puto will rise and set like a cupcake.
- Remove the basket from the boiling water and carefully uncover.
- Unmold the puto and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a covered container at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Reheat in the microwave if you like the puto hot.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THE POTO RECIPE IN REMEMBER GUAM
Return to More Recipes Next recipe