COCONUT STRAWBERRIES N CREAM FRENCH MACARON FILLING
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp.
½ stick unsalted butter, room temp.
2 T. powdered sugar
2 T. strawberry sauce or strawberry jam
1 ½ tsp. coconut flavoring*
*If you use coconut extract instead of “coconut flavoring” start with a ½ teaspoon of extract. Add more to taste. Pure extracts are generally stronger than “flavorings.”
¼ c. grated fresh coconut
Extra strawberry sauce or jam
Tools: small mixing bowl, electric beater, rubber spatula, cake decorating coupler set, piping bag, #9 Wilton tip
1. Beat the cream cheese and butter in the small bowl until they are thoroughly combined.
2. Add the jam, powdered sugar, and coconut flavoring. Beat until completely incorporated.
3. Add the grated coconut and beat till combined.
4. Scrap around the perimeter of the bowl with a rubber spatula and fold the mixture to ensure everything is well mixed.
5. Spoon the filling onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll to seal as demonstrated in this video.
6. Insert the filling into a prepared piping bag.
7. Pipe a ring of cream filling on several macaron discs -- here's the best French macaron disc recipe. Fill the empty center with 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon of strawberry jam. Press another mac on top. Keep in the fridge overnight to mature for no more than 2 days.
Return to Post Publication Recipes Back to Macaron Book